The Re-Entry Team and Council of Ministries leadership team are excited to announce we will be resuming in-person worship at Granger EUMC on Sunday February 28, 2021. We understand this much anticipated return has been a long time coming. Within this letter you will find the expectations for in-person worship to be able to be successful, safe, and meaningful for all.
Although the State of Iowa has lifted many restrictions, EUMC’s re-entry team continues to follow the guidelines from Iowa Conference and the CDC. We follow these guidelines because when Jesus was asked which commandment is the greatest, he replied “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and with all your mind. And second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:37-40.) Loving our neighbors means not inadvertently spreading sickness and taking precautions to prevent exposing those in worship. John Wesley’s 3 simple rules state “Do not harm, Do all the good you can, stay in love with God.”
We ask that you please carefully read these expectations below:
Preparing to Worship:
• Enter the building through the East main entrance or Northwest door only. These doors both will just need to be pulled open, no key necessary.
• Face Coverings required: If you do not have a mask, you will be given a disposable mask upon entering the building. A mask is worn correctly when it covers your nose and mouth. These are to be worn the entire time you are in the building.
• Please follow the usher’s directions on what seating is available to ensure social distancing.
• If you prefer to sit in your car, tune into 94.3FM for worship broadcast. You may park anywhere in the parking lot to receive the worship broadcast.
• Offering will be collected upon entering the building at designated offering stands. Those worshiping in your vehicle, offering will be collected at the start of the service.
• Communion will be served by ushers at the end of service as you exit worship. To ensure face coverings remain in place, we ask you to wait to take the elements until you are in the safety of your own vehicle and/or home. Those worshiping in your vehicle will receive communion elements at the start of the service.
• Please remain in your seats until you are dismissed by an usher. This avoids congestion and allows proper social distancing.
• Congregational singing continues to not be allowed. Designated singers will be sharing music with you.
• Once you are seated by the usher, please do not move around in the sanctuary. If you must leave worship, please be respectful of others and remain 6 feet apart.
• Ushers will dismiss you from worship. Please leave the building directly after worship without fellowship/gathering.
Other Important Information:
• Worship will continue to be available through the radio station (94.3FM), live on Facebook, and through our website.
• Please be respectful of others. If you and/or someone in your family has been exposed to COVID-19, you/your family has had a temperature of 99.5 or greater, or you are not feeling well, we ask that you worship with us from the comfort of your home and/or vehicle.
• The ventilation system will be shut off directly before service begins to avoid air circulation.
• Pastor Bill will not be available for conversation before or after worship service, he is still available by phone and email.
• We ask that these guidelines are followed for the safety of all. These guidelines will be reviewed as changes are available through CDC guidelines and Iowa Annual Conference guidelines.
See you in worship!
Re-Entry Team: Barb Chambers, Merle Hall, Sabrina Fields, Jennifer Younts, Dianna Deskin, Pastor Bill, Carina DeGase, Dennis Newel, and Heidi Hall
Council of Ministries: Dan Hall, Jeff DeGase, Brandon Burns, Jil Proctor, Sabrina Fields, Heidi Hall, Dennis Newel, Rebecca Russell, Carina DeGase,